Friday, June 29, 2007

The Clomid Chronicles - Vol. 2, Part 1 - There not fair and then there is just playing dirty!

I am sorry to announce the second volume of the Clomid Chronicles. I am feeling a little bit resentful about this round (yes, more than usual). This is mostly because I was sure it had worked and that I would be announcing happy news. Which brings me to the title of this installment. Life is not fair, we all know this, but there is not fair and then there is just playing dirty! I know I only set myself up for disappointment by getting my hopes up but this month I was 5 DAYS late. That is a long time, I took the pregnancy tests stashed in my cupboard. (Those who have not dealt with infertility may not know this but you can buy pregnancy test strips in bulk!) Each time the test was negative - not even a hint but I told myself it may just be too soon to test. Sadly that is not the case.

I asked Hubby to go to the drugstore to pick up the Crazy Pills and he came back in a huff. They said they didn't have it, so your doctor probably didn't call it in. He asked the woman at the pharmacy if there was anything she could do since I was suppose to start the pills that night and he said the woman was really rude to him so he had stormed out. (It is not like they are prescription pain meds!)


So I called the pharmacy and got the woman on the phone, I told her my name and said that my husband had just left there and said there was some mix-up with my prescription. She snarked at me and told me she had checked everywhere and it was NOT there. So I explained that last month there was some confusion because they had filled the order as soon as the Doc called it in and it had been sitting at the cash, when I called to fill it they told me there were no refills. I asked if it was possible that this had happened again.


She assured me that she had looked already and that they filled my last prescription on June 11. Ah-ha! To told her that was the day the doc had called it in, it must be there. I explained that it would have been a full month ago that I picked up the last prescription. (A full month and 5 DAYS to be precise!) I then had the audacity to ask her to "please look again. " She assured me again that she had already looked but that she would (reluctantly) look again. "Sigh" Wait, wait, wait. "I am SO sorry, they were at the back of the drawer by the cash. Can someone be here in the next 8 minutes to pick it up before close?"


So it was off to a rocky start. When I got the prescription - on Day 2 - I looked at the label and noticed that he has bumped up the dose again. It is still 3 pills a day but for 7 days instead of 5. Yikes!


I have done my due diligence and warned my co-workers. This is after all crunch time for final reports and financial statements and STRESS + CRAZY =TROUBLE! Stay tuned!


Now here are the promised pictures from our weekend at the beach with Monkey and my FABULOUS Spring Felted Bag!




Monkey and Teecee flying a kite

Monkey helps build the fire.


We put the crab in the bucket (and touched it!)

Hubby and Monkey in the water.


In my happy place!
And now the bag!





Purple also makes me happy! Look at this bag! I love the beautifully knit roses and Laurie did a great job on the lining. I really like the handles too, it gives it a very professional look. I just can't find handles like that here. All I can really find is the bamboo circles.
Thanks again Laurie, you rock!

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm so sorry about the Clomid mix-up. Of course stress doesn't help, right!

The pics of Monkey are so cute. And the purple bag... beautiful! It's lined, too, which is a nice touch.

lauriec said...

I'm so glad you like the bag! It's one of the faves that I've made.

I found the handles @ Joann's & if you want more let me know & I'll see if I can get more.


Hugs on the Clomid & a big raspberrry to the pharm.

Miss Me said...

i e-mailed the post to my friend from anse bleu. her comment follows: Ok this is toooooooooooooooooooo cool.....the first pic with the lady in red and the boy....click on it to enlarge it....way in the back on the right you see four buildings, one higher one that's the where the fishermen get their ice, the other three, that's my parents' house, garage and barn!!!
small world - isn't it? ; )

Crafty Canadian said...

Wait you can see 4 buildings past my big ass!?!

Thanks for stopping in! - CC