Tuesday, June 12, 2007

First bike ride of the year.

Friday I got to meet with my swapee, for the Spring Felted Bag Exchange. We had a lovely lunch and I think the bag I made suited her! Thanks again for a great lunch date Miss Me. Here is a poor photo of the bag, the colours are actually much brighter.

Friday evening was a girl’s night and Saturday evening was a deck party at my house. Hubby brought home some monstrosity of a bar from a yard sale and we had to host a party to “celebrate”. The role of Isaac was played by Hubby (making me Captain Stubing I think). We had a great turn out for such short notice and a good time was had by all!

On Sunday I went for a bike ride with RB and Canknitian, our afternoon trip was about 29kms out and back. I knew on Sunday that Monday would be rough. I have no idea how I managed to sit at my desk all day. I don’t remember as a kid having to ease into biking each summer. It doesn’t make any sense – I have MUCH more all-natural padding built in these days than I did as a kid and I’ve got a nice bike with a wide-ass seat and yet I felt like I may never sit again after just one afternoon out on the trail! It is one of the great mysteries of the universe why they haven’t been able to design a comfortable bike seat in the last 150 years!

I spent Monday mostly whining about my behind and had to soothe myself with a little retail therapy. A fabulous little black dress, a new brown suit and two pairs of sunglasses I was feeling no pain!

Today, dare I say it, I may actually be able to get back on the bike for a little more torture. There will not be any 27kms but a little tour around town may be in order. I’ll have to see how my fellow travelers are making out and if the rain will hold off.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I read the title was was like WOW a bike rider and a knitter!! My dad is an avid bike rider. He rides all year round if he can, he used even after a snow storm!!

If you ever come to Philly I'll have him take you to his favorite bike shop ;-) it is near my favorite knit shop a two for 1!!

Thanks for stopping in! - CC