Monday, May 28, 2007

Unbelievable Weekend

I have had an "unbelievable" weekend. For instance I did not believe my sister when she told me our friend won $100,000 on a scratch ticket he picked up on his lunch break. I have good reason not to believe her, she is always trying to get people going but it turns out to be true. This friend works for my mother and she confirmed it. He was off to claim his money today.



I also did not believe my Hubby when he told me that there is a named syndrome for the ups and downs I've been having with the Clomid. He said he read it in a pregnancy book dropped off for someone at his work who is expecting. The conversation when like this:



Hubby "This book listed all the side effects that are associated with taking Clomid and they seem to be what you are going through. "


Wifey: (inner dialogue - no s#!t Sherlock I've only been taking it for 3 years, I know the side effects. At least he is reading about it and sounds sympathetic.)


Hubby: They even have a name for the syndrome associated with the mood swings that you have been having.


Wifey: "Really?"


Hubby: "Yeah its called 'Bambi/Hitler Syndrome, you know because you can be Bambi one moment and Hitler the next."


Wifey: (inner dialogue: Is he calling me Hitler? He's NOT calling me Hitler?)
"Are you calling me Hitler? Because you should know that there is a cause and effect thing here - if you call me Hitler I'm going to get upset."


Hubby: "No dear, I'm not calling you Hitler (inner dialogue: ... anymore or at least not out loud. Please stay Bambi, please stay Bambi!) I just thought you'd be interested in knowing that's what they called it.


Wife: I think it was just the author of the book trying to be funny, they can't really call it that.


Hubby: Yeah they could at least call it something like Bambi/Godzilla Syndrome.


Wifey: (inner dialogue - Great to know he thinks of me more as a monster.)


You may also find this unbelievable, but when I later did a Google Search there were not a lot of hits but one in particular jumped out



"The Bambi-Hitler syndrome. Manifestations. Emotional mood swings. Altered perceptions. Similar to PMS, but lasts all month long ..."


Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing
Volume 20 Issue 4 Page 321 - July 1991

Yes, it is a real medical journal - I checked it out.
Unbelievable.

On the crafty front I still don't have a project. I have taken the advice given and started dishclothes but it just isn't cutting it. I NEED to have the pattern for the fuchsia Noni bag. Only problem is they don't sell it locally, any place I've found in Canada that has it is backordered and the cheapest I can have it shipped from the States is with a flat rate of $12 (for what will be a letter sized envelope. It just seems a little much.
But maybe it's worth it.
Anyone done this bag or any of the other Noni bags? I'd be interested to know how they found the pattern and if they were happy with the way it turned out.

3 comments:

Miss Me said...

Oh - MEOW!!! That bag is FABULOUS! Bambi/Hitler Syndrome... Hmmm... Very interesting... Hitler vs. Godzilla - now you've got me thinking!

canknitian said...

I'm STILL amazed by his lack of self-preservation instincts.

Miss Me said...

Knitting Zone (knittingzone.com) now has the Noni patterns... Shipping - $4.55. Just thought that you *needed* to know! ; )

Thanks for stopping in! - CC