Friday, May 18, 2007

Retraction

I would like to retract my last post. While the things I listed certainly are signs of spring in NB. Spring has decidedly NOT sprung. It had sprung but has since unsprung. (Although possibly springing again in the near future.)

To clear up any confusion, I would like to share the images that greeted me yesterday morning as I stepped outside.

Yup, that's snow.

We apparently received 10-15 cms last night although very little of it actually accumulated and the rain had washed it all away by noon. Still, no one south of Nunavut should have to brush off their car on May 17th.
One angry little snowman.

On a positive note the cold and rainy weather gave me time to finish up my Monica for Mouse. It is about a size three using the size two pattern and Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. This size used less than one ball of each with enough left over to make a cloche style hat. (I hope it fits, I didn't think to measure her noggin when she was here.) I can't wait to see her try it on!


Last night was Library night for Monkey and I. We read a story about a school that was doing a book challenge where the students had to read 1000 books over the school year. Monkey and I have decided to do our own challenge and have decided to read 100 books! We counted up the ones we read at the library yesterday and we are already up to 12. We counted each book only once even though we had read some of them several times.

On the drive home we decided that we should have a prize when we get to 100 books. I was trying to think of something big to motivate him and his four-year old brain suggested "A chocolate bar or an ice cream". While it is tempting to take advantage of his inexpensive recommendation I would like to think of something a little more exciting. Any suggestions? Maybe a chocolate bar AND an ice cream!

4 comments:

Miss Me said...

snowman doesn't look nearly as grumpy as i felt brushing my car off on thursday morning... (he's actually quite cute!) love the monica and the hat - she'll look adorable. for monkey - how about buying him a copy of his "favourite" book from the library? you'll never be bored with a good book to keep you company.

Crafty Canadian said...

I'd like to give him a couple of options and let him choose the one he likes best. Buying a book is a good option. Maybe I'll take him to Chapters and let him pick any book he wants.

He also loves to help me bake. Getting him to help me make a special celebration cake he can decorate himself may be another good one.

km said...

I just emailed our little group of friends about a book reading contest. We're going to get a Barnes & Noble gift certificate so the winning child can buy a book for him/herself. I'd throw in the ice-cream cone too. A good cup of coffee and chocolate would be a treat for me...so I totally get the ice-cream and chocolate bar. And I'm not 4. =0) I love your little tank top. I'm not sure how Canadian prices are different, but only 2 balls...I could have spent $8 on that! I love projects that don't break the bank. I'll have to look at that pattern again. km

Miss Me said...

at least it's more spring like today - and TAG, you're it! rules over at my blog... (sorry...? nah... not really!)

Thanks for stopping in! - CC