Friday, May 25, 2007

Crafty Goodness

Okay, enough with the doom and gloom and poor barren me. We now return you to our regular crafty goodness.

Meet "Jacques the Monkey"!

My Hubby spotted this as I was flipping through a friend's Happy Hooker book and insisted that I make him one for his new toy, a MP3 and video player. Only he wanted it in "monkey colours" and not the purple it was shown in. I got the idea from the book but just winged it rather than following the pattern.
The back is clear vinyl and will protect the screen while still allowing him to use the MP3 player and watch his videos.
Apparently Jacques is quite a hit at his work and he suspects I'll have some requests to make different animals for some of his co-workers.

Today is suppose to be 33 degrees and Hubby and I put together a swing for the deck that flops out like a futon. I just hope the rain clears up early enough for me to sit out this afternoon.

I almost forgot (okay I did forget and came back to edit the post) I owe Miss Me a list of 7 random things about me.
1. I have created the perfect PMS snack - a peanutbutter, chocolate spread and raspberry jam sandwich. It is both salty and sweet and filling. I swear, by the time you've finished your fifth sandwich you'll have no room for other junk food.
2. I have never made a penny on a my wedding cakes. I don't do very many and I consider the work that goes into them to be a gift to the bride and groom. My first wedding cake was 7 cakes with hundreds of icing daisies. It took 10 hours just to decorate it.
3. I have been with my Francophone Hubby for 13 years and still can not speak French


4. I spent an obscene amount of money on legal robes, tabs, vest, skirt etc. and wore it only once - to my Bar admission ceremony.

5. I would like to visit every province and territory in Canada. Still have British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut left to see.

6. I am seriously afraid of Dentists and need medication to get me in the door.

7. I am an unabashed car singer. I love to sing but couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, only those who are brave enough to travel with me are subjected to my crooning.

(I'll have to check to see who has not been tagged)

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

Jacques is adorable! And of the provinces that you have left - Newfoundland is a MUST!!! It is a fabulous place that every Canadian should visit but most never consider.

Thanks for stopping in! - CC