Sunday, March 4, 2007

Super Secret Squirrel Surprise Socks

I am currently working on my first pair of socks for a friend's birthday. Luckily I have a partner in crime, my friend canknitian is a sock wiz and is teaching me. She is knitting one sock and I am doing the other. So worse case scenario RB ends up with one beautifully knit sock and one that looks like its been knit by a monkey.

So far, so good. I have the cuff, the heel and the gusset done and I am quickly heading for the toe! Before you know it I will be adding "knitting socks" to my list of unmarketable skills.

I get to spend this afternoon with two of my favourite boys! My little brother (13) and my nephew (3). Lil Brother is spending half of his March break with Lil Sis and I. He is planning to spend three days working for my sister at her pet grooming shop. He wants to prove to her that he is ready to have a dog. She is going to work his tail off this week. He may actually be glad to go back to school!

Hubby is at work today so I get the boys all to myself!

1 comment:

canknitian said...

I'm the one making the monkey sock, I think. I knit the heel flap, turned the heel, picked up all of the stitches, knit one round and *then* (at about 12:30 last night) realized I'd forgotten to center the foot.

Rip rip rip!

I'm almost finished the heel flap for the second time and I do love turning the heel...so I get to do it twice without having to knit two socks. Sweet! ;)

Thanks for stopping in! - CC