Sunday, April 22, 2007

My first exchange!

On all of the crafty blogs I read everyone is doing these fun exchanges and now I'm going to get to try it out. I've joined the Spring Felted Bag Exchange. (Thanks Miss Me, I found the link on your site!)

I can't wait to get a match and start working on a gift for them. Any tips on what makes a good exchange pal? I don't want to drop the ball on my first exchange.

Here is my questionaire:
1. How long have you been knitting or crochetting? How did you learn?
I have been crochetting for 23 years, my Grampy taught me when I was 8. I have only recently learned how to knit.

2. What are your favorite yarns to knit\crochet felted bags with? I love Patons Classic Wool for felting - great colours.

3. What are your favorite needles to knit\crochet with? I've had my steel hooks so long I don't know what brand they are. I am just starting to accumulate a hodge-podge of knitting needles.

4. What are the last 3 bags you knitted\crochetted (include URL for Yahoo! or flickr album or your blog if you have them!)? You can also link to patterns if you don't have pictures of your finished objects!
The last three felted bags I've made have all been circle bags but I just finished a cute crocheted purse from a pattern in a magazine.

5. Do you carry the bags that you make, give them as gifts, or both? Like most crafters I usually give away everything I make. I rarely get around to making something for myself.

6. What is your favorite felted bag that you have made for yourself? It was a circle bag but it has not yet been felted.

7. What are your favorite colors? Do you like bags in these colors or choose other colors? Purples (mauves and plums) Sage green, chocolate brown (oddly all food related colours) but I'm not fussy - anything but peach.

8. Chocolate: White, Milk, Dark, or not so much? Dark or Milk

9. Coffee, Tea, or Milk? Fruit Teas and Milk

10. Do you prefer sweet or salty treats? What kinds? Sweet.

11. If you went into Bath and Body Works and could only come out with one item, what would it be and what would it smell like? Grapefruit

12. Do you enjoy any other crafts or hobbies? Do you collect anything? Lots of hobbies - decorating cakes, sewing

13. Are there any bag patterns you have not yet knit, but hope to someday? none that I can think off

14. What is currently OTN (on the needles) for you? A special request for a purple and red bag for a member of the Red Hat Society.

15. What is your most recent finished object before that? A knit scarf patterned like the Acadian flag - compete with star.

16. What's cutest: Puppies, Piggies or Pixies? Puppies

17. Do you enjoy reading? Books, Magazines, or both? Both, I enjoy a novel with great characters.

18. Do you have any children? (kid-kind or pet-kind apply!) A cat

19. What are some of your favorite yarns for other projects? Freedom Wool, Briggs and Little, I'm not fussy.

20. And for the final question, one I see debated all over: Novelty Yarn - Love it or Hate it? - Hate it.

So there it is, now I just have to wait to be matched up!

So far its been a hectic day. It's not even noon and I've cleaned up from last night's BBQ Party, made a date with my Grandparents, connected with an old flame on Facebook, and gone on a rescue mission to help my friend who had sprained her ankle and was lying in her driveway up the street for me. (DM is fine, just a little sore.) What an awful feeling to not be able to get up and be stuck in the driveway with two young kids running around. The oldest (6) comes running to my car to tell me that "Mom is going to be okay" while the youngest(3)is desperate to get into the house because "Mom needs a Band-aid". Kids have such big hearts.

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

i'm sure that you'll enjoy the swaps. ask lots of questions... get to know the person your treating a bit.
on another note, i hope that a) your toe is healing and b) so is your neighbour!

Thanks for stopping in! - CC