Friday, April 20, 2007

How many nerve endings are there in a big toe?

I've got an "owie". I had a biopsy done on a mole that magically appeared on the inside of my big toe. The proceedure itself was quick and (aside from the freezing)very painless. I am certain that the doctor was laughing to herself when I left saying -"That wasn't so bad!" I somehow forgot that the toe was still frozen.

Every little bump sends a sharp pain down my foot. The other night Hubby accidentally sat on it and I screamed like I was being stabbed. (Should I be concerned that none of the neighbours came to see if I was okay?) I generally don't take as much as an asprin but I've been popping Motrin like Pez.

My biggest problem is footwear. My bandaged foot will not fit into any of my shoes! Even my Crocs are a stretch and I can only get my foot in without a sock on it. While we did have a nice day yesterday, it has generally been cold and wet - simply not the weather for barefeet in holey shoes.

Facebook is evil. Okay, its not really evil it is just very, very addictive. There is a certain satisfaction in finding someone that you have not seen in years. I started a group for my law school grad class and nearly 20 of the 70-some grads have signed up.

Touching base with my classmates has confirmed that not a lot of us have stayed in private practice. A few have moved into in-house positions with companies, others are working for government and there are a few like me who have gone to work at non-profit organizations. The number of people who are actually practicing law in a law firm is surprising low.

On the crafty front, I have crocheted a cute little purse with a seed stitch and cute little puffs. I will post a pic once I have found a buckle for it.

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

i think that there are more nerve endings in our feet (not just the toes!) than we want to think about. i broke my foot last year and was amazed at how much it hurt! but check out this foot injury - NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH - http://anastaciaknits.blogspot.com/2007/04/my-foot-not-for-faint-of-heart.html
OUCH-OUCH-OUCH!
ps. hope all comes back clean with the removed "article"

Thanks for stopping in! - CC