Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dans le belle provance

Bonjour à tous ! J'ai beaucoup d'amusement au Québec.
(Hello everyone! I am having a lot of fun in Quebec)

I wish I could say my French has improved since I got here but I am finding it hard to catch about 25% of what is being said. Most places have bilingual staff who are happy to speak to you in English, and my two travelling companions are both bilingual.

We are having a blast! On Saturday we went to two comedy shows for the Just for Laugh's Festival. We went to the Master's Show, hosted by Lewis Black and then to the Comedy Night in Canada show which was awesome! Hubby got to have his picture taken at the old Montreal Canadian's Forum (which has sadly now been turned into a theatre and mall.)

On Sunday I met up with Canknitian and her sister and we were off to La Ronde, a Six Flags Park. I was determined to be a good sport but was not sure how my nerves would hold up. I did quite well considering the only rides I declined to go on were ones that make you go upside down. I even went on the biggest ride there The Goliath, twice and started the day with the big, creaky, wooden roller coaster - Le Monstre. It was expensive but a lot of fun. We ate bad for us food and went on a bunch of rides before rushing back to the hotel to get ready for the grande finale. Hubby opted out of the park in favour of seeing more of the comedy festival. Here is his grand debut at the Saint Denis Theatre.

The 25th Anniversary All-Star Gala was great. I was a little disappointed that Lewis Black did the same material both nights but the show was hilarious. Tommy Tiernan did a bit about women and Princess Mental Syndrome, which can be hit or miss. A definite hit, he nailed, he basically reenacted the conversation Hubby and I have once a month that begins with "I have no clothes, these aren't clothes, they don't make clothes for me anymore, just for skinny bitches!"
Hubby and I were in tears laughing!

Monday we toured Old Montreal. It is beautiful with the cobblestone streets and ornate architecture. We bought a Museum Pass which gives us access to over 30 museums for 3 days and unlimited metro. A great deal for $45. We spent the rest of the day at the Montreal Science Centre where we played with lots of stuff and saw an IMAX Movie about the Alps.
We went for a stroll in the evening, had a late supper, and then hit the hay!

Yesterday we had a late start and met up with Canknitian's blogging friend for a day at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. They have a fantastic Emily Carr exhibit. We spent longer at the Museum than we intended but it was worth it. I also purchased a FABULOUS ring in the gift shop. I am in love, and it doesn't even have diamonds. I will have to post a photo. Nadine was terrific, she is an artist who makes crocheted jewelry, and she gave us lots of great tips on what we should see and eat while we are here.

Well I have to get ready for another fun filled day so I will fill you in on the rest of the trip a little later! Only one more sleep until Ikea!

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Montreal is so much fun - especially in the summer!

Glad you're having a good time, you deserve it!

lauriec said...

So.jealous! You couldn't have gone when I was there huh??!!

Thanks for stopping in! - CC