Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Clomid Chronicles - Vol. 2, Part 3 - Bad News

What a bad, bad, crumby, miserable day. I was right about the Doctor's news - it was all bad. It appears the next few days will mark the end of the Clomid Chronicles. Apparently, I am 1% of his patients that have not had success on these drugs. He told me I was just a tough cookie and the drugs have had little or no impact on my bloodwork. Wile it will be nice to be myself again, eventually, it means the end of the road for my fertility treatments.

Our insurance will not cover any injectable hormones or any IVF treatments. We could afford to do a couple of months but it would mean some serious life changes, set back out house buying plans and cost us thousands of dollars a month on a chance. I'm not sure it is even worth going for the consultation.

Hubby is taking it hard and both of us have been miserable today. I cried at work, in the car, at the doctor's, at home, at pilates, and even at the ice cream parlor. Its is a sad state of affairs when ice cream can't cheer me up. I tried to avoid the two new staff members as best I could with out coming across as rude.

I'm off to bed to finally end the day.

4 comments:

canknitian said...

F*%^. I was really, really hoping that wasn't what you'd hear today.

If you want to try the ice cream remedy again, you know where to find me.

Dammit.

Miss Me said...

: ((( The consultation won't cost anything, will it? Why not go and get full information...

lauriec said...

Nothing to offer other than lots of {{{{HUGS}}} & much love.

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm sorry.

Thanks for stopping in! - CC