Thursday, August 2, 2007

Happy Brithday to Me (and Hubby)

It is Birthday Weekend - The happiest time of the year! In my mind I am already on the beach, sand between my toes, Marista in my hand. The Marista is a drink my Sis and her pal came up with last year that contains several types of juice, raspberry ginger ale and rum, lots and lots of rum. My co-workers had a cake and prezzies for me today and in the bag was a little pillow that hangs on your door knob that says " The Princess sleeps here". They bought it as a marker for my hammock. I also got a box of chocolates. It is going to be a good weekend.

My MIL has gone completely overboard buying 5 turkeys and 3 hams for the 30 people. Oh and a ton of hamburgers and sausages. Hubby and CL left this morning so they could help with last minute set up. I unfortunately can't leave until 5:00 tomorrow. Yuck! I will miss almost all of Hubby's birthday. I will only arrive about 9:00. Just in time for a fire on the beach. The good news is my tent will be all set up although I only sleep in it if it is raining.
I sent my bags and gear ahead so I will have a quiet evening at home tonight and will be able to spend the trip there catching up with my pal RB who has just returned from two weeks out west. I think I should make a cd with our favourite road trip artists - ABBA, Dr. Hook, Neil Diamond, John Denver, Great Big Sea, Juice Newton, more ABBA. Any recommendations?
Before I go here are some of the highlights from our trip to Montreal.







This was one of the stilt walkers in the Just for Laughs Parade









They had fantastic floats. I love Mr. Bean.





Whack-A-Mole prize for the Monkey











Big Scary Rollercoaster!











Organ fun at the Science Center with Hubby



Hubby and I at the Botanical GardensNotre-Dame Basilica



3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

SO MUCH FUN!

lauriec said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

May all your wishes come true!

Love Notre Dame & old Montreal in general (although downtown is fun). Last time DH & I went we had a caleche ride in the snow which was wonderful!

xox

Miss Me said...

happy b'day! to both of you... even though you are *evil* leos - mr. me is too! uhm... i think that i need to figure out how to get myself invited to the med north weekend b'day bash! i could find another anse bleuer, if that would help...??? she's very curious about you in-laws since she can she her "home" in the background!

Thanks for stopping in! - CC